It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The Little Black Snake

I walk to the mailboxes each day and back, with the heat and humidity today I was glad it was not a long walk.
The gardeners are here today .. mowing, trimming, sculpting .. very nice and very polite and cheerful all the time.

I always say hello to them , instead of pretending they are not there like I have seen some people do .. so now they say hello Signora when they see me.
Today they were standing by some shrubs that were being trimmed and just staring at the shrub.
I had to walk past them anyway, so I said What ? is something wrong ?
And one of the men just pointed at the shrub .... and there it was .. it's little "neck" sticking out, its little bitty head looking .. staring .. is it safe to come out ? What are these humans doing to my hiding place ?? My Gosh they are ugly, those humans !

He was quite small and not scary looking , kind of cute if you really want to know.

A little Black Snake.

So that is one black snake, one armadillo , one long garden snake and a lot of fireflies that I have seen so far, living here.
Thankfully, no alligators. oy.

Now I am safe inside .. with the craziest of creatures ...  cats...2 young,  1 old .. watch out for them !

3 comments:

  1. So glad you like living with creatures instead of screeching, "Kill him! Kill him!" He'll be a useful fellow who usually will probably do his best to keep out of sight.

    However, you might keep an eye out if he is old enough for a mate. A friend of mine once came out to her koi pond, which has an electrical wire around it to discourage raccoon who believe it's their own personal buffet, and found that a black snake had run afoul of the wire and died. Hours later, his mate appeared. My friend was so sad; she said it was very apparent that the snake mourned when she found the body. Neither of my friend nor I had ever really thought about snakes and their family situations before, but I'll never forget that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice, I'm not a lover of any type of snake because I never know whether it's a poisonous one!
    We have some here so I'm always careful around the wood pile and when lifting plants pots etc.


    ReplyDelete
  3. There are all kinds of harmless snakes and having grown up in the South .. I kind of know some of them by sight. Black snakes eat mice and bugs etc .. and the gardeners would not have been standing there all relaxed looking at him if he was poisonous.
    I am more bothered by spiders, truth be told :) Who can also be poisonous etc.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger