It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Time Flies..

The BA Love Bug

It was Four years ago this month, that my husband and I came to Buenos Aires on a vacation trip, to celebrate our anniversary.
Well, we are still in Buenos Aires, still married and still love the city and the people.
We miss some things less and some things more. We have no idea what people are talking about when they discuss US Television shows or HBO specials. We get them, but apparently years later. I have been watching House Hunters International, from 2006.
Pup is still happy here, we still speak Español muy mal but at least we try .. or so I say.
Sometimes, I give up trying, I will be doing my best and the sweet person waiting for me to get it all out, will ask me, if I need help, In English !!
The Parks are still our "back yards" and the place I go to soothe my ragged nerves when another siren or another car alarm might send me over the edge.
Today in the park, the birds were so noisy, we couldn't hear the traffic ... how is that for a switch !??
Back at home, I opened the bedroom window and a bird was singing so loudly, I wanted to record it .. to prove it was that loud and really a bird .. it was amazing.
Sometimes we wake around dawn and you can hear the doves cooing on the window ledges, puts me right back to sleep.
Other times I wake to cars and horns and people talking too loudly and that makes me want to run away to the Country . Any country as long as it is quiet.
I thought we were going to do more this weekend than we did ... this is a common theme around here.
But I am still getting over the longest sore throat in (my) history and a cough that makes people shy away, so we took it easy again. Pup loves it when we take it easy. Just his speed.
This week I have plans and thoughts about Chinatown, Palermo Soho, and Puerto Madero.
We will see if we manage any of them.

My LoveBug

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to live in another country for a period of time. Definitely a hope of mine some day!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in Germany for nearly 30 years. Now I live in Cardiff, Wales and I'm still wondering why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to hear birds at dawn... unfortunately here it is more the binmen!

    I hope your throat is better, maybe it's because of the aircon in the shopping centres?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger