It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Winter is Creeping In

The quilt is no longer enough to keep us warm at night, the down comforter has been added.
The party people in the building behind us, are not outside on the balcony so much at night anymore ( thank you God) ..and I can walk for miles and not get all cranky and overly warm.
Everyone must be thanking God for that one ! Or at least one person I know... who never shows any sign of impatience or irritation when I have my regular meltdowns with temperatures out of my control.
He is a good man.
No, he is a saint.
Sometimes...

We had a big violent thunderstorm complete with flooded gutters, a bit of hail and downpours that drenched any poor soul out there .
I was happy to watch from up here .. the people trying to jump the raging little rivers that are gutters most of the time.
The umbrella  crashing into an oncoming umbrella .. the people scurrying along with little dogs , trying to get home before the worst of it hits.
I remember those days !
Trying to dry a large dog with hair, not fur, hair that held the water throughout the drying attempts, water that was quickly gotten rid of , in the kitchen, by one good shake of a dog.
The walls then needed drying along with the floors.
While I was on the floor with the towels, he stood there and grinned at me, he had such a great sense of humor !

Today dawned grey and chilly but I see the sun working on showing itself.
This might mean a walk .. a walk through the Cultural Center, down to the bakery for more scones, pick up something to drink with dinner and then an afternoon movie.

I am hoping that someone looks at the apartment soon and says, Yes ! Yes ! Yes ! and we can call the movers in to pack.
I have a feeling I am going to be here for the winter though .. which means if we sell in the winter here, I will return to the US and go through another winter there . Two winters ... a year of winter.
Not what I had in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger