It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Life in the Country

Well, the house is not that new, but it is to us.
The State and Country are also not that new but it has been a while.

So we are still driving from our house in NY state to our favorite grocery store that we liked while living in the rental in Massachusetts.
The old house in Egremont is no less appealing as I see it again .. the neighborhood is lovely, I do wish something had been for sale in that area when we were looking.

The grocery store has my favorite things ... what are they you ask ? Well, since you ask ..
Chocolate muffins. Turkey noodle soup. Chocolate chip muffins. Banana chocolate muffins.
They carry all the Meyers products that I love and a few other things but the muffins will keep me coming back ..

The painter came by today .. he starts tomorrow.
I have to choose a color.
I know, I have had plenty of time but these things take time ... too grey, too blue, too dark , too light .
So I am no closer to a decision but tomorrow is the day.
All the ideas I had for this and that are probably going out the window and it will be done in an entirely new way that I had not thought of and hopefully will like even better.
Or else you and everyone else will never hear the end of it.
Just so you know.

I have Morning Glory seeds soaking in water and they are getting roots so I must go into the garden tomorrow .. bees or no bees.

I have discovered that I like using those big gardening tools with sharp edges and trimming and cutting back are fun ! So tomorrow more things will be trimmed ..
Last evening, while it was still light, I saw a large deer, not quite in the yard, in the small wooded area between our yard and the fields behind us ..
Today was another chipmunk day, they are everywhere and funny as can be.
And the tiniest birds ... flitting in and out where the feeders are ...

I am adjusting to being back in the US .. although I do miss Buenos Aires.
I am adjusting to living in a house instead of an apartment.
I am adjusting to living out of a city ...

Life in the country, not so bad.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger