It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Stoned

Ha ! Thought I was talking about something other than walls ?
I live in New England now.
I want a stone wall like all those in the homes I liked best when we were house hunting.
It doesn't have to be a long wall or even a high wall.
It doesn't need to be a perfect wall.
This is something like I think we might end up with.
I started yesterday ... building a stone wall.
It isn't high. So far it is only about 2 stones high.
But it is already charming and pretty.
The stones are large enough to be stones and not pebbles yet small enough for me, the stonemason, to be able to move and stack and rearrange.
I did a lot of rearranging today .. in addition to stacking. 
Most of the stones are really smooth and interesting looking. I cannot image where they originally came from. 
They were in piles here and there near the end of the driveway, hidden under shrubs and one was called the Snake Rocks. I saw the snake once. A bright green Garden Snake.
I think he left, we didn't see him again and there was no hole under the rocks.
This was especially good today as I was out there alone and you know you need someone there with you when you see a snake .. at close quarters .. to hear you shriek and throw your tools in the air and get all shaken and then they can calm you down and promise to kill it if it comes around again.
So it was good that no snake appeared today.
There will be photos when everything looks picture perfect. 
And I can move my arms again.






1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted a stone wall but I'm sure I couldn't do it or find enough stones.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger