It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday Photo


Inspiration ..
I wanted   stone walls wherever I lived when I knew we were going to live in this area of New York State.
I wanted the whole package, old house, woods and gardens and stone walls.
We are in a town that was the first settlement , first town, where the 8th President of the US lived, where homes are most often over 100 years old and there seem to be more cows and sheep than people at times.
All of this, in my opinion, is a Good Thing.
Our house had no stone walls. It is not even close to 100 years old . But there are plenty of woods, gardens and as I keep at it ... a baby stone wall is emerging.
Yes, I am building my own. If you don't have it .. make it yourself !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger