It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

That's us !

On my first trip to London, England, my husband and I enjoyed antique shopping in all the antique malls and small charming shops all over the city.
We were wandering in one such mall, full of stands selling (the family) silver, china, old clothing, mirrors and treasures among the junk, when we came across this.

We immediately said "that's us " !! and bought it .

It has gone with us from home to home, state to state, continent to continent ! and now it is here.
But he is not.

But I look at it and remember that day and how he named it, Us ... and while my heart is broken, it still makes me smile.


Today is his Birthday .. Happy Birthday , my love...

7 comments:

  1. It must be a really difficult day for you today but, all I can say is that you were very lucky to have had him in your life for so long and to have shared such wonderful times together. This is the first of many memories that you have and I hope that you will share many more with us.
    Try to think of all the moments like this today. I think that it's a wonderful memory.
    Much love. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, in northern CaliforniaDecember 19, 2013 at 11:39 AM

    Your wedding anniversary November 6. Now his birthday....

    Smiling through your tears, Memories. They are what sustain us now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to Him, and hugs for you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Memories are such a mixed bag, even the sweetiest of them all have that double edge. My old nana used to say that a good memory always remembers good things, and since now we are left with so many memories may they be those good ones that you always remember at moments like this.

    Wishing you peace and nothing but good memories to see you through the mending of your heart.

    Allegra

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that picture so much, it is "you two!"... when I see it, it always reminds me of you both...

    Big HUGS!!!! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday dear Yankee... love to you dearest C.... wrapping you up in a virtual hug right now. Love, Colette p.s. just told my Dad in heaven to find your Yankee, buy him a drink and listen to a few of his stories. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stooped by to send you Un beso grande Candice.
    Take care,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger