It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Friday, February 7, 2014

Angels

I went out this morning with a shovel and jammed it into the snow that was very high and covering the driveway ...  then I was unable to move the shovel.
I could not pick up the shovel.
It just sat there,.
I think it smirked at me.
I put it away and went back into the house.
Sad ... Frustrated ... Depressed ... Feeling just the tiniest bit Hopeless.

I sent an email to my friend/and one of the Best People in the World, My Realtor.
I was trying not to be weepy, but that is the way I have been feeling lately.

I told her that I had to get out and I was trapped by several feet of snow between the garage and the clean street in front of my house.
She told me who to call.

In what seemed like seconds .. he drove up to the driveway and dropped that plow and in a short amount of time,  cleared the driveway .. clean as a whistle..
He made a tall wall on one side, amazing how much snow we have .
I will have that wall until sometime around the end of July is my guess.

Then he got out his shovel and cleared away the steps and my front porch.

I opened the door and told him of my delight, pleasure, relief and generally gushed over him and the beautiful job he did. That he had  stopped whatever he had been doing and come to my house and made it possible for me to escape.
 

Then he told me that my roof had to be cleared before Bad Things happened .. gutters, leaks, roof , all that stuff that I knew about  but had put off doing anything about..

When it came time to pay him, I was prepared, I knew that it was going to cost me and I knew I was going to smile and pay him and be glad.

So I asked, how much do I owe you ?
And he said .. Whatever you want to pay.
And make it out to xxxxx (a church camp for little kids)


I paid him and he left , repeating that my roof was important and I said OK ..  (thinking... how am I going to pay for that ?! )

I went to the supermarket.
The ride was beautiful.
Snowy hills with blue skies and huge white clouds in the distance.
Forests, fields covered in snow , horses in pastures, a cow or two hanging around a dairy, it is very beautiful here.
People were very cheerful at the grocery store. .. I guess they were as happy, as I was, that they were able to get out of the driveway.

When I got home, as I pulled up to my drive, I saw  3 men getting into a truck.
They waved and smiled and left.
I looked at the yard , the driveway ... the roof.
The roof was clean.
They cleaned the gutters and removed all the snow and made things safe again.

Who knew angels look like guys in pick up trucks ??

4 comments:

  1. Aw, Scarlett, when you think that perhaps you have landed in the wrong place, remember these angels. I think you are being looked after from above.
    MelJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to hear that you have kind people looking after you ……. it must have been such a relief for you. I think that we often forget that there are some very nice people in this world.
    Keep warm and safe. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankful and greatly blessed! I know you are both today my dear.
    Mary X

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger