It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Overcome

I have been overcome by laziness.
I am slothful ..
I find that I move very slowly and take long breaks between slow moves.
I sit for long periods of time just looking out the windows.
I stop here and there and rest .. or contemplate .. or just hang out .
I might be turning into the cat.
Although I think she moves much more quickly than I do.

I have excuses though.

One could blame my childhood spent in the South .. where everything seemed to move at a slower pace than , oh ... say New York City.

or one could say that I am in a place in my life that does not require me to move any faster than I feel like moving .. so I just go slowly.

or one could blame the fact that there is really nowhere that I am required  to be  and I can take my Good Ole Time getting there.

I spend too much time alone and hanging out with strangers in a market isn't for me.
Or the Garden club where the average age is 82 , I guess the younger Gardeners have their own club ..

The people at the farm market know me .. I like buying dinner, fresh, each day .. the way I did in Buenos Aires.
I don't eat red meat, have not for over 40 years, but now I have quit eating chicken ... no particular reason .. it just lost its appeal.
Now I eat veggies and fish and being able to buy everything that was still in the ground this morning is a treat.
A treat  that I am taking advantage of before winter comes along and everything I eat will be from the freezer . Or shipped here from Florida yesterday.

My laziness has resulted in meals that look like a big tomato sandwich .. a salad with a couple of avocadoes tossed in .. a piece of salmon with couscous and tomatoes and black olives.
I don't eat much but I eat well.

I think I have to go lie down now .. I have been awake for hours already and now I am overcome with a need for a lie down .. before I make the bed.

Maybe later, I will shop online .. if I can find the energy ..
I might watch this again though .. before I have to move  ... to the other room ..click on this .. this is me..  Ma !

5 comments:

  1. Hi, if you go to http://adribarrcrocetti.com/main/ here, you will find an awesome recipe for Zucchini, you can even eliminate the pancetta if you do not eat meat and substitute something else you might prefer. And who doesnt like a new recipe, especially one for zucchini!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is very funny. It makes me admit that I am slow and slothful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna, we will slowly wobble along together :)

    Angie, thank you ! I don't eat meat but the recipes will still be great !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Long time no see...
    Your post is very funny...
    I enjoyed reading it...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger