It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Friday, August 22, 2014

TGIF


This is the view of  Recoleta/ Barrio Norte, on a rainy day in Buenos Aires, from the waiting room of the Aleman Hospital where I was about to have surgery.
I was all set to have some skin cancer removed, the hospital does it very well.
My surgeon was the Head of Heart Surgery .. go figure .. he was good.
And most charming.
I love it when you are waiting to see a doctor and he walks in and goes right to you and give you a kiss.
Definitely helps with the nervous tension stress white coat syndrome some people have ... especially when they are in another country and hoping they are understanding everything everyone is saying to them ... about their leg ... and the surgery ... and the way things will look afterwards.

Everything went fine, you can barely see a tiny white line on my leg and I have nothing but good memories of how everyone treated me.
Let me hear from you if your surgeon kisses you hello and goodbye ...

It is raining here today.
Looking out the windows , I see nothing but green. Which is not a completely bad thing ..not at all.

Minette is bored.
This is not an especially good thing.
It means she likes to knock things over, off table tops etc to get me to play with her.
No matter how many times I talk to her about this, she ignores me and does it anyway.
Stubborn little kitten.
She always wins too.

The weekend is hours away and I will have company.
I am ready.

TGIF !!

2 comments:

  1. My 14 year old cat is sleeping soundly...after an episode of chair scratching, picture knocking, and mantle climbing, followed by plopping into my lap, leaning his head against my chest, and looking up into my face.

    Oh,love.

    Thanks for continuing to post through the ups and downs and have a wonderful weekend with your guests.

    -Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. In other words, Georgia, I have many years ahead with fun and games with Minette ... Thank you, I am so glad :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger