It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, November 3, 2014

Stay Warm

Autumn is here and the landscape is a blaze of reds and golds and some green. That green will become very important when all the colors are gone and that is the only one we will see until next Spring. 

 

I took a drive to Old Chatham where you can have coffee in this room that is all windows with a wood burning stove in the middle of the room. 
You pick a sandwich, soup of the day or a pastry and coffee, or tea and go sit in the room and read, daydream and enjoy the warmth and nice feeling of coziness that the place always has...whether it is busy or you are the only person there. I love the red tin rooster . 
The art on the walls is local artists and for sale. Some of it is fabulous. 
I have a thing for the line drawings/ pencil drawings of flowers .

There are Alpaca and Llama farms in the area, not to mention the Chatham Sheepherding Company.
I have to go there soon and buy some Christmas presents. Soft wool  lined slippers and maybe something cuddly for a certain tiny boy.

 I quit taking walks .. it is so cold. I get a headache from breathing the cold air .. my sinuses complain .. they liked the warm air in Argentina. So did my skin. I am flaking already. Winter has not even really hit yet but I have winter skin .. Nivea and Lubriderm are my Best Friends.
The Sunsets are always pretty but with the trees bare, it is so beautiful, the dark trees etched against the red and gold sky .. Nature has a good time here, making pretty sights.
 Stay warm ..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger