It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Sunday Sunday ...

I woke to a cat retching .. again .. . nothing came of it ... hairballs I guess.
Or a new trick to get me out of bed.

It is a dark gloomy day .. in another universe, I would still be sleeping ... well, not this late but I would have slept in.
Warm and cozy in a soft bed with big comforters and pillows .. in yet another universe, my husband would have wrapped his arms around me and warmed me up and we would have slept later and then had a nice breakfast in bed.
I make a mean French toast.

But in this world I have been thrust into .. a cat was retching then threw up on the rug... there was hardwood there but noooo .. a nice soft old rug is better.

Considering it in a more positive light .. if the retching had not woken me up, I might have gotten out of bed and stepped in it ... so we will think about it as a nice warning to me.
Just don't do it EVERY morning, ok ?

It is a good day to stay in and bake. or not. I made devilled eggs. Because I am hooked on them.
So are the cats. They sit and wait patiently for me to give them a thimble full of yolk, all mashed up with mustard and mayo. Wacky cats.

Now if I get eggs out of the fridge, they sit down and wait ..Some day I will walk into the kitchen and they will sit down and wait, meaning I should make them eggs. I see what they are doing .. I'm no dummy.

It would have been nice to have company this weekend. It was good for staying in all cozy and warm and chatting and eating and playing with a little bitty boy.
I mean, the cats are wonderful and I adore them but they can't compete with the fun of playing with a little bitty boy.
Who talks now.

My Christmas cards are finally signed and addressed but I had no stamps so they will go out tomorrow afternoon and maybe everyone will get their cards for New Years or Valentines.
Hey, it was the thought that counts !

Yesterday 2 people came to see the house. One wants it as a Summer home. Which is what it was when we bought it .. how nice to have that sort of budget .. an apartment in NYC and a 3 bedroom house on an acre in the country.

When I move I will be so happy if I have an apt with a bedroom and a bath !

My friends in Argentina are sending notes about Things in Buenos Aires.
Not good right now- I still wish I was there but I feel so bad for the people of Buenos Aires.
They just can't get a break .

Now it is time for me to go read my newest Traditional Home magazine.

I hope your Sunday is worry free, relaxed, calm and a bit warmer than where I am.




4 comments:

  1. Oh that sound kitties make...before throwing up, that wakes me up even from a very deep sleep! Yep it's a nice warning, better than stepping in it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think better the carpet than the comforter. LOL But stepping into it with bare feet is pretty awful too. As long as I comb Miss Twiggley every day she is pretty good about hair balls.

    I hope that you will be able to spend Christmas day with your grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) The dog was worse, it seemed like he retched for hours to throw up a tiny bit of phlegm.
    Yes, I have to have my comforter dry cleaned .. I grab up the cat and put it on the hardwood floor if I can .. some paper towels and we are all set. What a lovely conversation lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naughty Kitties.
    The Square Ones always run to my expensive rug to eat their treats ! What is it about dogs, cats and nice rugs ?

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger