It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Drive

I have been driving cars since I was 16 years old.
I have never gotten a ticket or crashed or run over anyone.
Not counting that poor possum that threw itself under my wheels when I was 16 and driving for the first time.
I was heartbroken. All the adults said it walked away it was just a glancing blow.

So my lovely daughter took time off work to hold my hand.   I am now a Legal  Florida driver ..
Look Out!
The Moving In work is down to waiting for people to do things like put up curtain rods  .

While I wait for that. I think I should go to a mall.
Yeah.
So far I am liking it here very much.

Aside from killing things.
And waiting for the Internet ..

6 comments:

  1. It's so nice to hear you say you're enjoying yourself; you've been through so much lately. And yes, by all means do go to a mall - I've recently given myself permission for a good dose of "retail therapy" every so often, despite my avowed intention of paring down possessions in my retirement years.

    You may enjoy one of my all time favorite jokes: "Why did the chicken cross the road?" "To show the possum that it CAN be done."

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Carol, thank you so much for such encouraging words and being in the South now, I see how so many possums see that they can't do it.
    I am making lists, the malls are so huge ! I see Sephora and a lingerie shop in my future for sure.
    I lost a lot of weight. My underwear is too big lol
    I don't want to wear a skirt with loose undies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, alrighty ! I would love to be there with you and hit the mall(s) !
    Where I live at the moment ( could change very soon :( is beautiful -
    but the retail therapy is quite limited nearby. How delicious to stroll into
    a Sephora and dip & dap & sniff this and that -Yum !
    Do your bestest to forget those nasty girls (had a bout of them myself last year
    I wonder if they are the same people ? )
    Never-mind- stroll the mall for me. I will be with you in spirit and chocolate :)
    XO
    Nan/Razzle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Razzle my love ....I wish you were here with me too. We would leave a lasting impression wherever we shop.
    I will toast you with chocolate today .. (as for the no-longer-friends .. real friends last ..good riddance to those others)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you are adjusting to Florida.
    When you feel more comfortable driving take a ride to St. Augustine- it's not that far. Have lunch and walk around. Beautiful City.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wu ... I am living on the edges of St Augustine. I love the place ! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger