It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, September 26, 2016

That Moment

It has been a quiet day, just me with Minette, Merlin and Honey, hanging out on the lanai, in the living room, upstairs on the bed .. we all have been totally boneless and 3 of us were very cat-like.
Well, maybe I was the one that was cat-like, they were just being themselves .... cats.

There was nowhere to go, nothing to do and no one to do it with and I was fine with staying put.
It has been sunny and warm but not too much, it has been a really nice day.

A tiny wave of sadness from being alone so much hit late in the day .. so I went out to the lanai to read and look at the woods .. Minette and I are always on the look-out for another armadillo.

As I was sitting there reading .. I heard this sound ... and smiled.
I knew what was coming .... first it is a whine ... high and shrill and far away ... then you can hear it clear and close ... the high pitched scream of a US Navy Jet flying low overhead.
Then he was over us ... then gone ... I got goosebumps ... I could also see it very clearly, they fly low over this area because the base is close, by the edge of the river ...

Why do I love that sound ? Why does it make me stop and listen and smile ?

I was born in a hospital, on a US Air Force Base . My Grandfather was a Marine Drill Sergeant.
When his friends would visit our house, they would salute me.
My mom remarried and we went to live in Hawaii .. Navy and Air Force jets everywhere, all day.

Then we moved to North Carolina and everything quieted down.
But when they had those Air Shows, we would go sometimes and I would get such a thrill.

I have not been to one of those shows in many years.
But now, here in my new home... they fly over pretty much every day.

And I am thrilled for that moment ...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger