It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, March 13, 2017

Memories

Every day without fail, we were walking down the street the 2 blocks to the miles of parks that stretched along the boulevards where we lived.
The trees were fabulous, different , huge and everywhere .. it was so very nice to live near parks that just stretched on and on , with all that grass and those trees and benches to sit and people watch, dog watch if you like and breathe the fresh air.

We never felt cooped up in our home, the windows were all french door/type windows and it was half a floor of the building so we had front and back views of the street and the quiet space in back.

We could always walk out the door and be a block from groceries, food, ice cream, shoes and handbag shopping lol and the vet was 3 blocks away. We walked through a park to get to her office.
Nothing was difficult, everything was beautiful.

It took a long time for me to adjust to not having Tate ( pup) with us. I had that dog sleeping by my side of the bed, on an antique rug we bought Just For Him .. he was walked or went with us wherever we went, every day .. He traveled by car with us from NY to Fl to Or then by plane to Argentina.
He was a big hit wherever he went, being the size and color and type of dog he was. With those big amber eyes and his big sweet smile ... yes, he smiled.
When he saw a baby, or a toddler ... he would throw himself down on the floor/ground and stay very still ... he knew he could knock them over .. he was always careful and very gentle with small creatures, babies and puppies / kitties ..

I still think, during a difficult day, how things would be easier if he was here with me.
My grief might be lighter, my loneliness would be less fierce and my disappointments would be less important .. That dog never let me down, I wish I could say that about the humans I know.

I have a lovely son and his family, I love my daughter dearly  and I have in-laws who are the Worlds Best .. so I am not really complaining... mostly just missing places and loved ones.

The collecting of boxes, the cleaning of closets and emptying of drawers is about to begin.
I may or may not have the time or energy to post ... there is so little to post about these days, with the emptiness of these days .. you can only stand to read about Cats so much before you slam the door shut and find something more interesting to read.

So I will try to be more entertaining, more of interest in the days ahead.
You never know ... that saying You Plan and You Plan Then Life Happens ... well, I am planning and life is welcome to happen too.

Wishing everyone a lovely week ... If you are like my son, you are going to be snowed in, enjoy it.
9 months from now there will be a lot of new babies born :)

Happy Monday ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger