It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Caturday


I was a cat today.
I lay on the sofa. After that got boring, I went out on the lanai and sat in a chair and listened to the birds, watched a cloud float past, admired the blue of the sky .. the sounds from the forest and quietly laughed at the cats, acting like .. cats.

Right now the newbie in the family is sleeping behind my chair.
She latched on to me the minute we met and I am so glad .. she might be huge and give me backaches but she is the dearest thing .. because of her size you forget she is just out of kittenhood .. bless her heart.. with her tiny meow and her massive body .. she is a character .

When we take a trip, there will have to be an extra crate, for a single cat, a plus size cat.
Today, Merlin scared me by being himself.
He is old. He is quiet. He is slow and gentle and magical.

So he was on the sofa sleeping. then he was out on the lanai, sleeping. Then he was on the rug, sleeping. I started to worry. I started listening to him breathe ..
I talked to him, he acted normal, Merlin normal.
I fed him, he ate like an animal ! He must be ok .. just not feeling like talking.

So this was my Caturday ... quiet, serene, peaceful, good food ... good music and lots of snuggles.
I hope your day was as good.






4 comments:

  1. Love your Snoopy cartoon... my Silky Terrier looks just like that.. particularly after she has chased off the sheep from the back gate :)
    How old is Merlin? My mother in law had a cat who lived till she was 19 years old.. not a sweet cat by nature but a survivor none the less

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merlin is estimated to be 11 + years old .. he was found lost, I adopted him from a cat place in Hudson NY-
    Animalkind .
    Thank you, I hope he lives a very long time ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a great believer in positive thoughts. Put fear out there and it seems to come back and bite you.

    Recently my little fluffy Bella the Maltese was near death with the same condition Johns Winnie had plus more issues. Her situation was dire and it was suggested she be 'put to sleep'. But she had done a happy little dance when we were readying to go to the Vet, even though she was so ill and I took the view she deserved a chance although her prospects were grim.

    Well I have been so well repaid with that optimism. Two months since and she is like a pup again... I had forgotten how lively she was in the past. The medication she is on for hypothyroidism are her super pills (I think I want some) and her incontinence is all but gone.. just the odd spot. Joy of life - it's a marvelous thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Elle, what a wonderful story. I am so glad that she is like a pup again .. <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger