It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, April 3, 2017

Ever Had One Of Those Days ?

Like you can't get your head out of your water bowl !
My recommendation in this case was a nice nap out on the lanai with the warm breezes  blowing away all the worries you might have .
It seemed to work .. he slept fine last night and he is out on the lanai .. and hasn't dunked his head into his water bowl today.

I, on the other hand ... I have to find a good dermatologist but have this new dread of going to any doctor.
 ( I can sort of understand my dread but I think a doctor looking at a dry spot will be safe enough)

It is very warm, humid and cloudy out ... I think it feels like a good Thunderstorm coming soon.
Some heavy rain would be fine.
I don't want to hear any more of these fire hazard discussions .. I mean, what else ???
Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Forest Fires , all that's missing is frogs falling out of the sky and we are in some sort of creepy Fairy Tale .. Or Bible or Something !

Yesterday was my day - I woke and just lay there ... it was a day that you just can't get your head out of the water bowl.
But I forced myself to keep busy and find something to read ... so far the freebies I got on Kindle are letting me down.. they are free because they are so boring ... but I will manage, I have book cases full of real books plus the Kindle is packed with more ..

I am waiting for someone to come here today and then the rest of the day is mine .. to read, and loll around covered in cats. There are worse ways to spend a hot stormy day ..


2 comments:

  1. I, too, gave up on the Kindle freebies. Does your local library offer e-books? That's how I get most of my reading material these days. For the tech-challenged, they can even help you learn to download books from the library to your Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol,
    I have so many real books plus 2 Kindles full, I don't have to change anything yet.
    My husband bought one for him and one for me, so if I finish mine, his is full .. no problem :)

    I have no idea where the local library is as well as if they have books to download :)
    Right now, I don't have to think about that ... the storm we are having is taking up all thought.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger