It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, May 6, 2017

Angst !

I've Got Angst !

So .... some readers might be aware of the fact that there are large wildfires in the Southern US.
I got scared when I first heard the news but then relieved to know that they are not close at all to where I live.
They spoke yesterday on the news of the weather, the fires, the smoke .. I felt removed from it all and safe.
Today the sky was so blue and there was very little wind. It is cool but not too much ... a pleasant day to do something outdoors or to nap on the lanai with a cat or two. .. or three.

I was busy doing this and that in the house.. my heart should be in such good condition, I run up and down a big flight of stairs, many times a day. I never remember to keep count of how many times I go up and down .. The cats should count .. they lie at the top of the stairs on the landing, watching me .. until I pick one up and carry him/her down to the living room, then he/she watches me from the sofa ... up and down.

I walked into the living room and decided to open the sliding glass doors all the way, open the entire room to the outside/ lanai .. screened and locked .. but all that fresh cool air could sweep through the the house.

It looked funny out there .. what was it ? I walked and looked up .. the sky is yellow.

Why Is The SKY YELLOW ??????

Aha ! there are wildfires in Florida, not near here ... aha ... they must make yellow smoke ... why is it here ? Instead of floating Up and dissipating, it is floating sideways and making things smokey in Jacksonville.
I Object !!
This is Enough ! I can't take anymore sudden surprising ... things.
Weather ... cool , blue skies ... yellow clouds .. no no that is not what it is supposed to say !!

The cats stared at me as I paced on the lanai, muttering to myself.
When I went to get the mail, the neighbor told me to stay inside ... oh gawd ... what next ?

I guess I can expect a hurricane to come blow it away ?
I want to go home.
I promise, I will never .... EVER ... complain about too much snow. Too cold.
Just let me have a few years of peace and quiet with no hurricanes, tornadoes and forest fires.

I really don't think this is too much to ask.

Yours truly , sincerely and full of angst ... C

2 comments:

  1. C... Keep calm and carry on. :)
    Oh, and pay attention to the local news so you're alerted to the air quality reports!
    Cheers, A.K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, thank you :) Air Quality here is generally excellent, I am close to the ocean , I guess that has something to do with it ..

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger