It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, July 24, 2017

Delete

Wow .. it is only 10 am and I have been so busy ... I just did some Computer Housekeeping.
As in cleaning out all those dusty old files and a gazillion emails that I saved, thinking I would want to read them again one day, not feeling good about the idea of lost forever in the internet.

But then I realized, I haven't looked at them since I read them the first time.
So there was major computer house cleaning this am and it is still early... yay for me.

In about an hour, I will be looking for something and then realize, I deleted it Forever.

I like that ... DELETE FOREVER.

That was especially satisfying for those emails from people who for whatever sick reasons they had, courted me, flattered me, emailed me , even sent me things in the real mail ... then slammed me with insults and rejection.
There are people who bored me or bothered me in some way that I didn't want to hear from but I have never actually told them why ... I don't tell people why ... I don't want to be mean to them ,.
If they were to ever email or ask why the silence ? I would make up an excuse, I don't hate them, I just wanted to not hear from them, to discontinue contact.

Funny- one person had 2 college kids .. one , the daughter, was the Golden child. The son, who seemed to be the favorite from all the gushing I read .. became an alcoholic and broke his parents hearts.
I was always sympathetic and tried to be practical and sensible, not to be gushy or make excuses for anyone.
I was dropped like a hot potato the first time I said something without lots of Poor You and Oh How Unfair Life Is ... then proceeded to actually Try To Be Helpful but sending her a list of things to be Happy about.
She totally hated that and insulted me and left the room.

After I finished laughing at how odd people really are, I shut the door firmly behind her.

So she and a few others like that ,  ... all went into the garbage bin   ... if only this happened in real life ... deleted   forever.

So now I am in the First Stage of the New Life of Me By Myself .. with cats.
So far I think I have done ok .. the next big step includes another move .. and I want to visit Buenos Aires again so there are lots of things to think about and plan.
This is all .....   a Good Thing ...

Wishing you a Good Week and Lots of Good "Stuff " .. food, movies, trips, weather and family.


3 comments:

  1. Its great that you feel good about de-cluttering your mailbox and files. I do agree that sometimes in life we need to get rid of people who no longer add value to us. Warm greeting and nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Candace - you are one of a kind and I admire you for it. You've done so well despite your huge loss, and your obvious love and care of those adorable kitties shines through daily in your posts.

    I hope you will get back to BA one of these days soon, and that the next move will be the right one and you can feel settled and be happy.

    Here's to a great week my dear.
    Hugs as always - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. B - we need a Delete button in Real Life too I guess lol

    Mary, Thank you dearling,thank you very much .. hugs to you ..

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger