It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Out West

Taken on our drive when we moved from Florida to Portland Oregon. I think this was Utah but won't swear to it ..
My husband and I with our Standard Poodle Tate, in a BMW, flying down the highway, over hills and dales ...The weather was good the entire trip, we stayed in La Quinta Inns every night ( dogs are welcome) and listened to a lot of good music.
And there was not one day of rain, nothing bad happened, we arrived in Portland and stayed in the Hotel Monaco, a Kimpton Hotel. There are so many fabulous hotels in Portland !
We stayed at the hotel while we looked for our new home .. we rented an apartment in a building that had just been completed. It was perfect .. everything about it.

The trip was perfect too. The car was good, the company was good ( my husband was a very good driver and liked to drive fast ) .. we saw cowboys and horses and mountains and rivers and a whole lot of very nice people along the way. It was a lovely time in our lives and I am happy I remember it all.  ( although these days I can say I am happy I remember ....)

so there you have it ... Out West ...

5 comments:

  1. Portland is a beautiful city, isn't it?

    Enjoyed the written snapshot of special time in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something about the wide open spaces of the West. Don't think I could ever live back east again, at least, not in NYC....Maybe New England
    Where there is beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Portland wa wonderful in all ways for us at that time ... we were starting to think about buying a home there when we took that trip to Buenos Aires ... which blew all other plans out of the water :)

    We bought a house in the Chathams in NY ... in its own way it is very beautiful .. open spaces and skies and stars that you feel like you can reach out and touch, every night .. I am kind of homesick, can you tell ? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew, is was really fabulous. I was born in Arizona and we had driven there for holidays when I was a child .. this drive, from NY to Florida to Portland Oregon, was fantastic .. my husband , the dog and I .. in a fast car :)
    Perfecto ~

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger