It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, December 4, 2017

Oh Christmas Tree



Why is it that I cannot get a tree to look the way they do in magazines ? Ever ?
This is a little over the top ... ok, it is way over the top but still ..
I think more lights are needed ... not here, but on my tiny tree.
And tiny sparkly ornaments.

You see, since I am alone with 3 cats and all, there are some things that are difficult/impossible.
1- getting a tree ... as big as this one .. or even slightly shorter .. Trees are heavy !
2- keeping 3 cats out of , off of a huge tree with cat playthings ( ornaments) all over it.
3- I am the only one that would see the tree, unless I start inviting strangers in for a viewing.

So as I did last year, I put up my tiny fake tree which is sort of a topiary in its own iron pot that weighs a ton .. covered with tiny lights and small ornaments .. I put it on a chest, hoping a cat or 3 would not manage to get to it and chew things, knock over things, get electrocuted, etc.

That sure is a pretty tree ... but mine is Special ... it is a tree for one human and 3 cats .. Score !

                                                    This is not my tree but exactly like it 




3 comments:

  1. The tiny tree makes sense with the pets and all. Warm greetings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks , yes, as small as my tree is, they have already been very interested in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will go to family in Louisiana at Christmas, so I'm on the fence about going to the trouble of putting up a tree. I put out a lot of poinsettias and some other things, but a tree is WORK! I was kind of thinking about just a small one like yours, too...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger